Music By The Mountain
Music By The Mountain was established in 2004 to present extraordinary live classical music performances and provide music outreach to schools in rural Siskiyou County.
Our board of local community leaders is committed to sponsoring the highest level of musical experiences to students who might not be exposed to the real
world of classical music.
P.O. Box 272
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
The concerts in 2018 included:
- A strings concert and music outreach program by the faculty members of the Pacific Crest Music Festival at POPs in Dunsmuir
- The Amici Flute Quartet, made up of local flute players at the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Mount Shasta
- The world famous Rimsky-Korsakov String Quartet from Russia - also at the SDA Church in Mount Shasta
- Outreach programs to local schools by Scott Durbin and Anna Repetto
- Violin lessons from the Rimsky-Korsakov String Quartet
- A $2,000.00 college scholarship to Mount Shasta high school senior Jason Holmquist to continue his music studies
- Purchased and donated violins to the Mount Shasta Elementary School music program and funded an advanced level violin teacher for Sisson Elementary and The Boys and Girls Club of the Siskiyous to continue the Mount Shasta Elementary school program
This year Music by the Mountain hosted the River Garden Symphony - A Gala Event with food, wine, auctions, and a full concert by the Pacific Crest Music Festival String Orchestra for our donors and local classical music lovers. It was held in July at the Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens.
"Music by the Mountain, a non-profit, not only promotes great music by bringing accomplished musicians to Siskiyous County but also provides scholarships and performance
opportunities for our students here at College of the Siskiyous." David Blink, College of the Siskiyous Instructor of music
"I am truly honored to have received the Carol Medrano Scholarship and it has and will help me reach my goals of being a musician. Thank you Music by the Mountain!" Jason Holmquist, CMMS music scholarship winner of 2018